To receive the Silver Award:
- G1 - Give to children in need: participate in a twenty hour famine. Raise a minimum of $10.00
- G2 - Give to your family: prepare two meals or do two jobs for your family (mow lawns, wash cars etc.)
- G3 - Give to a family in need: find a way to help those in need. Give 50% of your pocket money to a worthy cause for one month
- G4 - Give of your time: visit an elderly person at least four times over a term.
- G5 - Design your own challenge
- A1 - Improve your maths ability: complete two Maths Achievement Challenges.
- A2 - Be a reporter: report on an event in writing and present it to a teaching team.
- A3 - Design and build a craft that floats or research the Weka or Kiwi using the 6 Hats and present your findings to your team
- A4 - Improve your study skills: research the tree that is the name of your team and present your information to your team.
- A5 - Create a puppet of a Weka, Kiwi or Pukeko or an animal of your choice.
- A6 - Create a slideshow that highlights the value and importance of a “HEART” value in our school.
- A7 - Learn a new craft or musical instrument.
- A8 - Improve your confidence and skill: prepare and present a speech on a topic of your choice to your class.
- A9 - Design your own challenge.
Physical Activity In The Outdoors
- P1 - Improve your fitness: over a four week period complete a run or walk of at least 20 kilometres or cycle 60 kilometres.
- P2 - Improve your swim skills: swim a total of 200 metres.
- P3 - Explore the outdoors: With a family member or family friend tramp to the top of two mountains.
- P4 - Undertake a multi-sport event: participate in a triathlon as a team member.
- P5 - Compete in a representative sport outside school.
- P6 - Run or walk around “Travis Wetlands Walk”: walk twice (in one go) with a family member.
- P7 - Design your own challenge.