To receive the Gold Award:
- V1 - Give to children in need: Participate in the 20 Hour famine. Raise minimum of $20.00.
- V2 - Give to your family: Prepare 2 formal three course meals including the menu, cooking and presenting, photographs of the meal and feedback from your guests.
- V3 - Give to families in need: Find a way to help those in need (food collection for Salvation Army etc).
- V4 - Give of your time: Visit an elderly person at least six times over two terms
- V5 - Give your skills to help others: Complete a First Aid Course or join surf life-saving to help others.
- V6 - Design your own challenge.
- A1 - Improve your maths ability: Complete three Maths Achievement Challenges.
- A2 - Be a reporter: Report an event in writing and present it in the newsletter.
- A3 - Improve your science and technology skills: Design and build a model glider.
- A4 - Improve your study skills: Research another country and compare to NZ. Decide the best place to live and play and justify your decision (see your teacher for the format).
- A5 - Create a moving puppet with strings and present in a short play.
- A6 - Create a slideshow that highlights the value and importance of Travis Wetland / Dudley Creek / Avon River.
- A7 - Create a painting of a landscape scene.
- A8 - Learn a new craft or musical instrument.
- A9 - Improve your confidence and skill: Prepare and present a speech on a topic of your choice at a Team Assembly.
- A10 - Design your own challenge.
Physical Activity In The Outdoors
- P1 - Improve your fitness: Over a four week period complete a run or walk of at least 40km or cycle 80km (try the McLeans Island Track!).
- P2 - Improve your swimming skills: Swim a total of 500m non stop.
- P3 - Explore the outdoors: With a family member or family friend complete an overnight tramp.
- P4 - Undertake a multisport event: Participate in a triathlon as an individual.
- P5 - Compete in a representative sport outside school.
- P6 - Walk or run around the Travis Wetland walk three times with a family member.
- P7 - Design your own challenge.