To receive the Emerald Award:
- V1 - Give to children in need: participate in the twenty hour famine. Raise a minimum or $40.00.
- V2 - Give to your family: prepare three formal meals including the menu, cooking and presenting, photographs of the meal and feedback from your guests.
- V3 - Give to families in need: find a way to help those in need (food collection for Salvation Army etc.).
- V4 - Give of your time: visit an elderly person at least eight times over two terms.
- V5 - Give your skills to help others: Complete a First Aid Course or complete your Bronze Medallion (Surf Life Saving)so that you can help others.
- V6 - Design your own challenge.
- A1 - Improve your maths ability: complete four Maths Achievement Challenges.
- A2 - Be a Reporter: report on an event in writing and present it in a local newspaper.
- A3 - Improve your science and technology skills: design and build a self-propelled craft.
- A4 - Improve your study skills: Research Pounamu - what is it, why is it important to Maori, what uses does it have?
- A5 - Learn a new instrument or craft.
- A6 - Create a movie that highlights the value and importance of Travis Wetlands or other ecological area.
- A8 - Create a painting of a landscape scene or use fabric to create an artwork.
- A9 - Use a creative ICT tool to design a “HEART” message.
- A10 - Improve your confidence and skill: prepare and present a speech on a topic of your choice at a team assembly.
- A11 - Design your own challenge.
Physical Activity In The Outdoors
- P1 - Improve your fitness: over a four week period complete a run or walk of at least 50 kilometres or cycle 100 kilometres.
- P2 - Improve your swim skills: swim a total of 800 metres (each session to be non-stop).
- P3 - Explore the outdoors: With a family member or family friend complete an overnight tramp for two nights
- P4 - Undertake a multi-sport event: participate in a triathlon as an individual.
- P5 - Compete in a representative sport.
- P6 - Walk or run around the “Travis Wetlands Walk” four times with a family member (this may be done in two sessions).
- P7 - Design your own challenge
Click on the button below to find out about completing a Service Project.